|Business Development Representative Job scope 2021|
To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Birmingham, SPICA Technologies is a leading provider of workplace management software. Creating applications through digital transformation expertise, SPICA builds innovative solutions that provide significant benefits for building owners, facilities management executives (driving operational cost reduction) and for the productivity, health and wellbeing of employees. This is what the industry refers to as “The Digital Workplace”.
Spica has a global customer base and partners with many of the world’s leading Facilities Management companies as well as directly with multinational corporations.
- Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
- In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
- People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
- High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
- Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
- Join and be a part of growing a first-class Commercial team within a rapidly scaling tech scale up, working with new and interesting leading-edge technologies and services.
- Kick start your career in sales or continue to build on existing skills to progress your career.
- Demonstrate how excellent business development selling can be a valuable differentiator in an increasingly competitive technology landscape.
- Help us maintain a consistent trajectory of growth, while avoiding obstacles that arise from a constantly shifting market.
1st stage of development – Lead generation
- Compiling lead lists utilising existing data, Linkedin, industry news and events
- Researching potential new markets
- Helping shape engaging initial pitches
- Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects
- Tele/Web-prospecting, (opportunity identification targets)
- Managing prospect engagement process
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customers
- Qualify the prospects interest in Spica’s products and services
- Schedule qualified discovery meetings for BDM’s
- Achieve the KPI’s for qualified appointment setting
- Collaborating with the marketing team to help shape effective marketing strategies
2nd stage of development – BDM
- Pitching products and services to leading global organisations at D level and above.
- Accurate pipeline forecasting (SalesForce)
- Working alongside internal Marketing, Product, Professional Services, Finance and Legal teams
- Working alongside external 3rd party business partners on packaged solution offerings and campaigns
- Completing proposals and RFI’s/RFP’s
- Managing complex sales engagements
- Solution selling and utilising different selling techniques
- Collaborating with design and production teams to ensure contracted solutions are executed on time as agreed.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on Spica’s products, processes and operations and providing thought leadership in the industry sector.
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Desired but not essential; Demonstrable track record of previous business development sales success – backed up with hard numbers (referenceable target over-achievement).
- 1 years+ relevant experience preferred
- Strong background in IT solution selling, esp. SaaS and Managed Services.
- The ideal candidate would have Industry Experience within PropTech, Facilities Management, Corporate Real Estate or the ability to demonstrate a keen interest/ understanding of this industry
- Undergraduate degree educated, post-graduate / professional degrees preferred.
- Specialist Sales training/qualification preferred
Personal qualities required:
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Target-motivated to achieve bottom line and deadline objectives.
- Desirable but not essential – the ability to demonstrate high skills in developing relationships and building trust with C-Suite and senior executives, and making high net worth deals in real estate training can be provided)
- Preferably competent experience in using and managing a CRM (e.g. Salesforce) although training can be provided.
- Very comfortable presenting both in-person and on the phone
- Practical numbers-oriented mind set.
- Agility to move quickly and respond to change.
- Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
- Cope well under pressure.
- Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professionals.
What you can expect in return:
- A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving PropTech business.
- Learning from experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge.
- A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun.
- A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
Reward & Recognition:
- Competitive Salary & Uncapped sales commission scheme
- Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements.
- Flexible working.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Career progression planning.
- Training opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart and good at what you do we want to hear from you.
To Apply Click Here Direct application URL : https://spicatechnologiesltd.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=e88a05b2-4e61-46ec-ad2e-12cb7dc9a21a
Spica Energy Brochure