SPICA is a specialist IOT (Internet of Things) Solutions Provider that uses a combination of technical assets, hardware (sensor devices), software components, and IOT integration expertise to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that the Internet of Things represents. SPICA is growing with the direction of new emerging and maturing technology and is aspiring to be a real influencer in the space of IOT helping to shape best practice and corporate governance for our clients within Property Tech.
Nature of the role:
We are looking for a graduate/junior software engineer to join SPICA Technologies, based in Birmingham, UK. The successful applicant(s) will help design, implement, test and support a series of software products based on a Java & Angular IO software stack. All our software products are oriented around the Internet-of-Things and industrial M2M scenarios.
We are looking for exceptional candidates that have a strong grasp of software design and implementation principles, skills in key areas (see below), and a willingness to get stuck in and help wherever necessary. In return, we’re offering the right candidate the opportunity to get involved in some interesting new technology and the support to grow their technical skills.
- Developing new product features under the direction of the design team, including end-to-end automated tests
- Using Atlassian Jira system to execute sprints in an agile process
- Working closely with colleagues to constantly innovate, design and develop the way we do things, improving performance, quality and re-usability across projects
- Attention to detail, taking responsibility, openness to feedback, willingness, eagerness to improve
- Development experience with at least one of Java, Typescript, Angular IO
- Good understanding of OO principles
- Understanding of relational database and enterprise system design a bonus
- Strong organisational skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Skills in other development areas such as hybrid/native mobile application development may also prove advantageous
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Up to 3 years’ experience in software development
- Strong academic background, including good A-levels or equivalent and an excellent numerate degree from a leading University
- Commercial experience is desirable