*** THIS ROLE IS NOW FILLED ***
To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a specialist IOT (Internet of Things) Solutions Provider that uses a combination of technical assets, hardware (sensor devices), software components, and IOT integration expertise to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that the Internet of Things represents. SPICA is growing with the direction of new emerging and maturing technology and is aspiring to be a real influencer in the space of IOT helping to shape best practice and corporate governance for our clients within Property Tech.
- Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
- In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
- People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
- High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
- Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
- Help us create and grow a first class Managed Service and Support organisation within a rapidly scaling tech start up, working with new and interesting leading-edge technologies and services
- Demonstrate how excellent Managed Services and Support can be a valuable differentiator in an increasingly competitive technology landscape
- Apply Service Management principles to new and emerging technologies
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of Managed Services and Support Services across the business’s solution (projects and products) portfolio, including the organisation and management of key supplier/sub-contractor services and support tasks
- Defining, refining, and managing Incident and Operational Support processes in-line with best practice (ITIL)
- Management and Improvement of internal tooling for ticketing and service delivery catalogues and knowledge bases
- Line management responsibility for a team of growing technical support specialists
- Manage the Transition Process for new solutions from both product and product teams into “Business as Usual” service delivery
- Support the Project and Product teams with the development and maintenance of support materials
- Work with Product, Project and Sales teams to ensure that new business opportunities are correctly sized, scoped, and supportable
- Support the Chief Operations Officer with ongoing business improvement initiatives such as ISO27001 and ISO9001 certifications, ensuring that service quality and standards are met or exceeded
- Work with Product, Project and Sales teams to ensure that new business opportunities are correctly sized and scoped
Experience & Qualifications required:
- Technical Proficiency and experience of supporting modern web applications and mobile apps in cloud hosted environments
- Strong understanding of ITIL Service Principles and Best Practices
- Experience of growing and managing a flexible technical support/engineering team
- Experience of managing supply chain partners (hardware, software, and installation services)
- Some knowledge and understanding of IT Networking concepts advantageous
Personal qualities required:
- Hungry to learn and grow new professional skills
- Takes pride in a job well done
- Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving
- Agility to move quickly and respond to change
- Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges
- Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
- Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professional.
What you can expect in return:
- A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving IoT business
- A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun
- A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
Reward & Recognition:
- Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Regular reviews, progression planning
- Training opportunities in new and emerging technologies