To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a specialist Solutions Provider that uses a combination of technical assets, hardware (IOT sensor devices), software components, and integration expertise to help businesses leverage technology to enhance the Workspace experience. Our particular focus is on the Digital WSPICA is a fast growing, specialist Digital Solution Provider combining IOT tech, Systems Integration skills and Desktop and Mobile App User Experiences to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that new Digital Technologies for the Workplace represent. We are a “PropTech” business, exploiting emerging technologies to help make the experience of working and being in the office environment the best it can be.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a springboard for opportunities.
• People Not Numbers. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your Part in It:
The successful applicant will work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop advanced Workplace Experience Solutions, consisting of our core IOT and Digital Twin engine, back-end integrations (using Java) and front-end user interfaces in the form of web interfaces, kiosk interfaces, along with some native iOS and Android apps using Flutter. This is an opportunity to work with some interesting technologies – you will be primarily working on our core Digital Twin and IOT platform (heavily analytics focused), but will also work with Indoor Positioning and Wayfinding, Content Management tooling, Booking Management tooling, Augmented Reality, and other systems integrations. Our software solutions are focused within Commercial Real Estate and opportunities in the Digital Workplace, our GemEx platform uses sensing technologies and integrations with key business systems to provide exceptional digital experiences.
• Discussing product requirements and proposed solutions with colleagues.
• Supporting and delivering new software features for our core Digital Twin platform.
• Supporting and delivering new software features for our web and native apps.
• Developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mainly mobile and web functionality.
• Developing new front-end web interfaces.
• Keeping up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding data-centric frameworks, services, integration layers and APIs.
• Working closely with colleagues to constantly innovate, design and develop the way we do things, improving performance, quality and re-usability across products and projects.
• Attention to detail, taking responsibility, openness to feedback, willingness, eagerness to improve, getting stuff done.
• Strong Mathematical / analytical aptitude.
• Good understanding and development experience with Java. Oracle Java certification is preferable.
• Good understanding and development experience with TypeScript and Angular IO.
• Good understanding of SQL and JDBC.
• Experience writing automated tests, including end-to-end tests. Experience with Selenium a plus.
• Experience developing mobile applications, particularly using flutter a plus.
• Experience with Apache Cassandra, Apache Ignite, and Apache Kafka a bonus, but not a pre-requisite.
• Strong organisational and team skills, with proven ability to work as part of sprint cycles with a focus on getting work done.
• The ability to take initiative, learn quickly, and solve problems independently.
Experience & Qualifications required:
• Degree-educated in a numerate subject.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a software engineering role.
• Salary is based on expertise and experience.
What you can expect in return:
• A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving software business
• Learning from seasoned experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun
• A chance to join Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members
Reward & recognition:
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements.
• Flexible working.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Regular reviews, progression planning.
• Training opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart and good at what you do, we want to hear from you.