To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a fast growing, specialist Digital Solution Provider combining IOT tech, Systems Integration skills and Desktop and Mobile App User Experiences to help businesses capitalize on the opportunity that new Digital Technologies for the Workplace represent. We are a “PropTech” business, exploiting emerging technologies to help make the experience of working and being in the office environment the best it can be.
- Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
- In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
- People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
- High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
- Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
With a keen interest in product management, strong critical thinking skills and a delivery focused attitude. You will be part of an innovative team working on our cloud and mobile-based product suite. Our software solutions focus on the Digital Workplace. Clients all over the world use our products to provide exceptional digital workplace experiences to a wide range of users, including employees, visitors, and the staff that manage the workplace.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in new technology and progress within a fast-paced, growing company.
Reporting to the Product Manager, you will take on the Product Owner role in one of our semi-autonomous squads. Working with a cross-discipline team of designers and developers, you will take ideas from inception to delivery. Within your squad you will be helping to research, scope, and implement new features and improvements in our existing software products. Your focus will be on delivering great experiences for our users that drive real business value. You will be part of the Product tribe, working with other Product Owners, the Product Manager and Product Director to develop your product skills. You will also provide a helping hand to establish the product discipline across the wider Nordomatic group.
- Understand our products and their position in the market, identifying the trends and competitive threats to uncover product opportunities.
- Collect, analyse and curate detailed prioritised requirements from a variety of sources including industry analysis, competitor research, user research and customer feedback.
- Build detailed specifications in response to product requirements and opportunities, incorporating user journeys, system behaviours, business rules and acceptance test specifications.
- Build a detailed and comprehensive working knowledge of the products in our software portfolio and become recognised as a Subject Matter Expert both inside and outside of the business.
- Deliver measurable business value in line with the Product Vision, Strategy and Roadmap defined by Senior Product Stakeholders.
- Prioritise and refine user stories and bug fixes inline with Epic OKRs and Spica best practises.
- Manage potential risks to epics along with coordinating with other squads to identify dependencies.
- Maintain a delivery plan for your squad, proactively resolving blockers and supporting research and release activities for successful adoption of new features.
- Support the release of new features interfacing with marketing and customer teams.
- Track success of new features by gathering feedback from internal stakeholders and customers as well as measuring against KPIs.
Experience & Qualifications required:
- 2+ years of experience delivering SaaS software products, b2b enterprise software experience a plus
- Proven experience across the software development lifecycle
- Effective communicator with a wide range of stakeholders
- Confident in evaluating and refining requirements
Personal qualities required:
- Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done – this is a role where you are expected to take the lead on product and feature initiatives
- Be passionate about creating great software products in a competitive landscape
- Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving.
- Agility to move quickly and respond to change.
- Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professionals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is essential
- Proactive and comfortable working in an environment with fast changing priorities and tasks
What you can expect in return:
- A great opportunity to experience what it takes to scale a thriving SaaS software product business.
- Hands on mentorship from an experienced team of industry professionals.
- An exciting career path with room to grow your product managements skills and take on more responsibilities.
- A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun.
- A chance to merge with Birmingham’s Innovation ecosystem being based out of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park, where great events take place with inspiring and informed community members.
Reward & Recognition:
- Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Regular reviews, progression planning