To be a global market leader in Workplace Management Technology, recognised as benefiting the health, wellbeing and productivity of building users.
SPICA is a fast growing, specialist Digital Solution Provider combining Desktop and Mobile App User Experiences, Systems Integration skills and IOT tech and to help businesses capitalise on the opportunity that new Digital Technologies for the Workplace represent. We are a “PropTech” business, exploiting emerging technologies to help make the experience of working and being in the office environment the best it can be.
• Relentless Innovation. Everyone is encouraged to think in new ways for us all to always be moving forward.
• In It Together. Our Job Descriptions are not boundaries of limitation but a spring board for opportunities.
• People Not Number. We pride ourselves on nurturing long-term partnerships and our team is at the heart of everything we do.
• High Performing Culture. Here everyone is a leader striving for self-actualisation at work.
• Work Balance. Working hard is only sustainable when we balance it with family, friends and relaxation.
Your part in it:
In the past the existing product design and delivery teams have covered testing. We are now looking for a dedicated experienced Software Tester to take ownership of this aspect and assist in improving the overall quality of testing and test coverage within Spica.
What will I be doing?
You will be a driving force for improving the overall quality and coverage of software testing within Spica, someone with commercial experience and discipline in both manual and automated testing. This will be an opportunity to take control of the entire test function and steer the company towards best practices and modern testing processes/methods.
Confidence is key in this role as you will be required to continuously make the business case for further test automation within the company. It’s a really great opportunity to mould the test function based on strong prior experience, you would be joining a company where your opinions will definitely be heard.
•Analyse requirements and design documentation, perform ambiguity analysis to ensure that requirements are satisfied by design specifications and standards.
• Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures based on requirements and UI/UX designs. Work with product squads to review test scenarios and ensure full test coverage.
• Perform functional, non-functional, application, integration, and regression testing, to ensure that developed products meet design specifications and are within quality limits and standards.
• Participate in cross-functional initiatives and End to End testing coordination across different delivery teams within Spica.
• Identify and investigate issues found during testing, assist designers and software developers in troubleshooting.
• Capture defects with suitable evidence and reproduction steps. Manage open defects with a strong focus on closing them down, ensuring delivery teams are actively working on them and retesting once fixed.
• Work closely with product squads and release management team to prepare features for release, providing evidence of test sign off and non-blocking/acceptable defects.
• Contribute to standards and procedures for measuring product quality and release readiness.
• Assist in the enhancement of our automation framework, create, maintain, and execute automated test scripts. Optimise performance of test execution through innovation.
• Support UAT/general testing initiatives by providing data set up, configuration, access, and troubleshooting issues.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Experience & Qualifications required:
• Strong experience of progressive QA/testing experience in Information Technology or software development with a focus on problems/projects of diverse complexity and scope.
• Experience working across all stages of the software testing lifecycle.
• Strong knowledge and experience of functional software testing methodologies (Unit, Integration, System and Acceptance).
• Experience testing front end web applications and mobile app solutions using both manual and automated testing methods and tooling.
• Strong experience in both functional and non-functional testing including failure testing.
• Experience of software testing within the Agile software delivery methodology.
• Experience in defect management.
• Possess specialist understanding of QA/testing principals and policies with experience as a project leader for quality.
• Ability to apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex testing challenges.
• Ability to influence others within and outside of job function and may communicate with external stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills – candidate must be highly articulate and able to bridge the gap between technical staff and non-technical.
• Ability to work directly with clients and to understand the balance between SPICA needs and client expectations.
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience using JIRA to manage all aspects of test prep, execution, and defect management.
• Experience setting up test automation frameworks.
• Experience in automation, creating scripts, execution and troubleshooting using Selenium, Maestro, Jenkins or other front-end automation tools and mobile UI testing frameworks.
• Experience testing APIs using tools such as Postman or SoapUI.
• Experience in performance test script creation, execution and troubleshooting using tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, LoadUI, Postman etc.
• Knowledge and experience of CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps.
Personal qualities required:
• A natural curiosity.
• A good understanding of the software development process.
• A good understanding of the business approach.
• Good judgment skills.
• Good writing skills (for documenting the process).
• Good communications and consultancy skills.
• The ability to work in a team and as an individual.
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Flexibility in thinking and approach to problem solving.
• Agility to move quickly and respond to change.
• Resilience and perseverance in overcoming challenges.
• Self-motivated in getting what needs doing done.
• Thrives in a collaborative, supportive environment with friendly professional.
What you can expect in return:
• Learning from seasoned experts with a wide range of skills and knowledge.
• A friendly, encouraging and motivating environment with a team who works hard but knows how to have fun.
• You will see yourself develop in both skills and confidence, honing your foresight and intuition, whilst sharpening your ability to execute action.
• Pension in line with auto enrolment requirements.
• Flexible working – min requirement in the office for sprint planning.
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
• Regular reviews, progression planning.
• Simply health.
• Day off for your birthday.
• Bike to work scheme.
We support the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you are smart, and good at what you do – we want to hear from you.