Like Eco-Driving, but for Properties
The building is analysed
Every building is unique and has its own characteristics. This is our starting point. Therefore we always commence by analysing these parameters:
• The building’s capacity to store energy.
• Existing solutions for ventilation, heating, and cooling.
• Confirm the optimum range for comfort.
• Analyse the building’s historical energy usage.
For new developments, we assess the estimated energy consumption.
Energy optimisation is conducted
In order to conduct energy optimisation of the building we take into account:
• The building’s thermal storage capacity (light building/heavy building/equipment).
• Utilisation of internal loads (people/computers/lighting).
• Impact of future weather (solar incident radiation/outdoor temperature/wind impact).
• Impact dependent on energy price (spot price of electricity/district heating/power rate).
The information is co-aligned
All information, from basic analysis to an energy meter, local weather forecast, spot prices of electricity, and values from wireless sensors, is collected and processed in real-time in the main unit of Ecopilot®. The existing automation system is then over-modulated with modern technology. Reference values move temperature, pressure, and flow in the building’s ventilation, heating, and cooling systems. Future weather data is also taken into account.
Discover the Environmental and Climate impact
Spica Energy Brochure