The PFM awards which were held on November 3rd saw ISS, global leading facilities management provider, take home 3 awards including a joint win for Partners in Technology Application alongside world-class digital consultancy Atos. The awards highlight the best of the best in Facilities Management, with the Partners in Technology category showcasing the best examples of technology in use, ‘including data gathering and effective analysis and action to improve FM delivery’.
The winning entry from ISS and Atos included sensor technology and corporate space utilisation and workplace experience software from the GemEx Engine Workspace which saw ‘savings of £5 million per annum’.
“The addition of Sensor Technology to our FM Digital portfolio underpins our Real Estate strategy and decision making, the clarity of in office display screens and ability to quickly analyse occupancy trends enables clear and precise data supporting business case decisions relating to Real Estate disposals, consolidations and acquisitions as well as giving staff the opportunity to occupy a suitable location within the office to suit their personal environmental preferences.
The collaborative approach between all parties in the proposal, implementation and agreed fully managed service has delivered a great scalable solution.“
Mike Shanahan, Atos FM Director
ISS elaborated on their award-winning technology project saying, “At the start of the partnership, we rolled out sensor technology nationally across 28 client core locations which influenced client estates strategy. Sensor-based occupancy audits created savings approaching £5 million per annum to date. In addition to the financial benefits, sensor technology enabled the client health and safety team to implement Covid protocols quickly and effectively to ensure optimum business operations and safe working environments.”
As the preferred Digital Workplace partner for ISS UK, Spica were delighted that our space optimisation solution was selected by Atos for use across its entire portfolio of 30 UK office buildings. The combination of Spica IoT technology, coupled with ISS service delivery excellence is a compelling proposition, and we are proud of the impressive business value achieved for Atos to date.Tim Streather, Spica Technologies CEO
Further Benefits of GemEx Workspace
GemEx houses your workspace digital twin and combines this with multiple data sources and puts them into context. Many of our clients who are deploying the Workspace solution have benefited from real-time and historical analysis into the use of their workplaces. Occupancy IoT monitoring gives a more accurate reading on office people density and flow than WIFI or badge data which can conflate number of devices with people or miss out on answering how people are actually using the building.
GemEx Workspace delivers real-time data feeds that can be viewed via a dashboard. It can measure whether meeting rooms, hot-desks or other spaces within a building are occupied, providing notifications to building managers to maximise utilisation, while recording the environmental conditions of the space.
• Estate Managers can analyse the usage of their building and workspace areas and make long term planning decisions. Perhaps raising levels of smaller meeting rooms and breakout spaces for quick meetings.
• Administrators can produce engaging reports for stakeholders with advanced analytics on building usage with real-time and historical data alongside dynamic visual heatmaps and charts.
• Onsite Facility Management teams can manage people flow within the building with configurable real time alerts relating to Covid secure practices.
• Employees can view space availability with public displays using an easy-to-understand colour system to warn when occupant levels are reaching an unsuitable level.
• Management can communicate directly with employees and ensure they are having a great experience within the building and surface specific Covid messaging.
Read ISS’s press release for more information on their impressive award wins.
Book a demo now for GemEx Workspace. Our Digital Workplace Consultants will be happy to answer any questions you have.